Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Savings Tip - Buy Refills!

Something that I have been doing for a long time is to buy refills for the things that we use. It saves a lot of money, its less packaging (helps save the environment), its definitely less of a hassle to carry home (the refills are lighter than most original packaging, that comes in BIG bottles). I try to buy the biggest bottle & packaging that is offered & just buy refills after that ... it makes sense right?!

Stuff that we buy as refills are shower foams (Shokutbutsu), dishwashing liquid (UIC), for kitchen & toilet (Kao Magiclean, Mr Muscle), fabric softener (Downy), baby shower foam (Kodomo), even instant coffee (Nescafe ... can't seem to find any these days, I wonder why?), etc. A lot of products offer refills & I think its a wonderful idea - it saves in so many ways. Sometimes I purposely look out for items that offer refills coz its just cheaper to buy the refills than to purchase a brand new item. In fact because an item offer refills, it "tempts" me even more to try it .. well it works for me!

So there! Buy refills if you can, it saves you a lot of money in the long run & you help to save the enviroment too ... so do a good deed without having to do much!

No comments:

Post a Comment