Saturday, March 28, 2009

Product Feature

Betty Crocker Buttermilk Complete Pancake Mix

I wanted to feature the brand of pancakes that my son loves. I have tried a few other brands but I found these the closest in taste to the ones offered at McDonald's (which I find very delicious!). As breakfast at Mc's is not always possible & rather expensive, this is the next best thing. My baby also loves it served as a light snack/lunch. I tend to make "baby" pancakes for him rather than big ones, just seem cuter, thats all. The mix does not require any eggs either, which is good for small batches. So far I have only seen & purchased these at Shin Shiong (will update the price when I buy them next time). Whenever I run out, I buy 2 or three packs at one go (they are that delicious!). I have also made my version of McDonald's breakfast for my family using this mix plus (frozen) hash brown, scrambled eggs, hotdogs & homemade coffee. Saves me a bundle!


Coz these pancakes are home made, I also tend to "sprinkle" some flaxseed powder in the batter before I make them. Flaxseed powder can be purchased from health or organic stores (some supermarkets carry them too) & cost a few dollers only. They are the vegetarian version of Omega 3 & 6 (which is good for the brains, amongst other things, I think) & can be added to virtually everything that you cook or serve for your family. You can also purchase them as flaxseeds (normal or golden) and grind them using a electric home blender/grinder as its way cheaper than purchasing the grounded ones (which I did). As its good for the whole family, I tend to add the flaxseed powder (some people call them flaxseed meal) to almost everything - scrambled eggs, instant noodles with soup, mash potatoes, etc.


I spread some butter lightly on the pancakes & cut them into pieces, for easier eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment